Sunday, November 9, 2008

birthday present to myself


Yesterday, while following my usual pattern of internet wandering, I stumbled upon an incredibly inexpensive plane ticket to Paris. Considering there were only four remaining seats on the plane, plus my inexplicably spontaneous nature, I bought one. I have wanted to see Paris for, primarily, my entire life. I am going to Paris! 
Also, I've been having dreams, recently, about Rome (my mother and I went when I was ten and both feel an intense connection to the city).

Photobucket 

Since I'll already be in Paris, why not take the train through the French and Italian countryside? I am going to Rome! 

Of course, I'm always recruiting people to come with me on my adventures: Lisi, Ellie and my mom are all candidates, but I am heavily considering going by myself.

5 comments:

Niki Burger said...

okay, so if you really mean it, how inexpensive is this plane, and are there tickets left for me!?

Niki Burger said...

Flights to New York are not that expensive. Maybe I'd fly there during my Spring Break? I'm trying to take a trip to Africa this summer though, so we'll have to see how much money I have saved. I want to come, though! SO BADLY!

Nora said...

niki, it was $500 (from new york). just imagine how incredible it would be: you and me in paris/rome. pretty much our entire childhood comes to a climax in europe.

Niki Burger said...

It's $838.00 from Minneapolis to Paris. Ouch. But I won't say no yet. However, first I need to figure out this whole Africa thing.

Nora said...

i found one that's $738! that's a little better. but, yes, don't give up and africa would be extraordinary.